Connecting to the Wireless Network
- On the right side of the taskbar, you will see a wireless network icon like the one below. Click on it.
- Once you have found your network, click on it and make sure you check on the box that says “Connect automatically”. Next, click on the Connect button.
- Enter the Security Key (this should be provided to you by UniCa or you can ask your roommates)
- You will connect to wireless network at last.
- If you see your network as “CONNECTED” but you still cannot connect. Follow these steps:
- Right click on the “Properties” option on your wireless network
- Ensure your security settings match the screenshot below:
If you are experience connection problems please try each of the following steps.
- Ensure your wireless connection on your laptop/PC is turned on.
- Check your cable TV (if applicable). If your TV is experiencing problems, your Road Runner internet services are most likely affected as well.
- Check all connections on your computer and cable modem. You may find that a cord has become loose or has been pulled out.
- Reboot your cable modem and wireless router. If there has been a cable problem in your area, it may be necessary to reboot the modem in order to re-establish a proper connection.
- If you are connecting wirelessly, make sure you are within range of your wireless router.
- Reboot your computer. This fixes a surprising amount of problems, especially those that have cropped up unexpectedly, or with no apparent cause.
- If the first 6 steps are unsuccessful, contact Time Warner.
Contacting Time Warner
- Get your property-specific Security PIN number from our Property Manager Edgar (email@example.com). The Security PIN will be requested by Time Warner Customer Service.
- Call Time Warner Customer Service at (888) 892-2253 and follow these steps:
- For English: press 1
- For phone number enter: 310-748-8454
- Do not enter an account number: press # (pound)
- For Zip code enter: 90007
- For tech support: press 1
- If requested, provide them with your Security PIN